Monday, July 31, 2017

The Two Blonde Ladies

First of all, Happy Pioneer Day! 
I don't have a whole lot of time to email today because for pday we went and did a tour at the FBI Academy and that was really cool! 

But this week we had a lesson with a less active named Brother Posey. Three days after his baptism his wife decided that they should move to Colonial Beach and he hated it! Ever since then he decided that God has been out to get him and his life is so miserable. He can truly tell you what life is like without knowing you have a Heavenly Father who loves you. He doesn't understand the true purpose of life and what we are here to do. It is so important that even when life gets hard, you look for miracles and blessings in each day. Don't ever stop praying and don't ever stop believing because I know that Heavenly Father cares. Even in the hardest times, there is good to see in each day. It made me very sad and kind of frustrated to talk to him. No matter how many miracles and stories you share with someone, for them to know for themselves they need to experiment upon your words. You share your miracles and you tell them to pray and experience it for themselves. 

We go and see some returning members who live in a trailer park every week and come to find out that they now call us the two blonde ladies. This is a very low class trailer park and no one comes in and out ever. So we are now the talk of the trailer park which is pretty funny. There is another trailer park we go to and try to see some investigators often and there is always a crowd of these little black kids and they are seriously the cutest and always touching and wanting to play with our hair. They are going to talk to missionaries for sure when they get older because of how much we have seen them. :) 

Brenda is doing so good!!! We went to go see her and she has been reading the Book of Mormon. Come to find out, she was meeting with missionaries where she was living before, was coming to church and everything. Her husband (or boyfriend, not really sure) decided that they needed to move to this house on Colonial Beach and she gave up everything to come out here. Her job and her friends and the missionaries and the stores close by. So when she was in her new house, she went online to Mormon.org and ordered a Book of Mormon so the missionaries would come by. Her husband does not like the church and her car needs some fixing before she can get it inspected. We asked if she needs a ride to church and she said that if she tells her husband that this is really important to her, he will be more supportive in her coming. As we were on our way out, she tried to set us up with her son. Needless to say, I think she likes us!

Sunday was such a great Sabbath as always. Sister Fletcher and I gave the talks in sacrament meeting which was really good. I think it built up the trust in the ward which is so great! My talk was on missionary work so pretty much I had a lot to say about that :) 

Throughout my life as I have read the Book of Mormon and thought about the pioneers I have wondered if I would be able to give my life for this gospel. I would like to say that I would, this gospel really does mean so much to me. I think that this was more of a threat in the past, and if I am not going to die for the gospel, I need to live for the gospel! Elder Holland said, "That’s the easy part, to die for it. Well, what God needs is people who will live for it, people who will go the distance, people who are in this race we’re talking about that will go all the way to the tape. And some may die along the way and that’s wonderful, but He needs people who will finish the work. He needs people who will wrap this up, and that’s the pledge I make to you, and that’s the pledge He asked." 

I am so great full for this gospel and for the opportunity I have to share it with all who I come in contact with! 
"Someday “every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess” that God’s ways are just and His plan is perfect. For you and me, let that day be today. Let us proclaim, with Jacob of old, “O how great the plan of our God!”" Elder Uchtdorf

❤️ Sister Ruffner 



No comments:

Post a Comment