Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Prince of Peace

Hello! 
I just thought I would start with this story, I was saying a prayer in a member dinner and a kid farted right in the middle of it and I started laughing! Oh my, well there is a embarrassing moment for the week :)

This week at dinner, we are trying this cool thing where we pray with the family and ask for the Spirit to guide them, as they pick a road for us to tract. They picked a road not too far away and we went that night. Everyone was rejecting us and then this guy walks up to us asking if we are selling anything. We say no and tell him about the Book of Mormon. He asked if he could have one and kept asking questions about it. We gave him one and he asked if we could come over and read it with him! Yes we can! It was a great miracle!
We also found a guy named Dimple. He is pretty into his religion and is from India. He is going through some trials right now and said he was excited to read the Book of Mormon! We are going back soon. :) 

We had a lesson with Diran and it didn’t go to great. He doesn’t believe in God and doesn’t have too open of a heart and mind. I asked how he finds peace in his life and he didn’t really know what to say. He didn’t have a very good answer. We bore powerful testimony at the end about the Book of Mormon and what will happen as he reads it. He said he would give it a try and read it. 

I know that the only way we can find true peace is through our Savior, Jesus Christ. So many people look in fame, or money, or popularity or wherever they look to find happiness. It comes from no man. Only through Jesus Christ. “He is indeed the author of peace, “the founder of peace” (Mosiah 15:18), The “Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6), to all those who come unto him.” 
Christ was about to be beaten, betrayed, and crucified. “All this lay ahead, and yet he could say, “Be of good cheer.” Why? Because he would overcome the world; he would descend beneath it all. He would make it possible for every person of every age to overcome every obstacle, every weakness, every sin, and every tinge of guilt. Because of the Savior’s sacrifice, Alma’s experience may be relived by each of us: “I did cry out unto the Lord Jesus Christ for mercy... and I did find peace to my soul” (Alma 38:8) 

I am extremely excited for the wonderful opportunity I have to go to the temple THIS Wednesday! I haven’t been in a while and I am very excited! I know the temple is a way where we can escape the world and be able to feel more of that peace. If you can, go to the temple this week and feel the wonderful effects of the Saviors Atonement FOR YOU :) 

LOVE YOU ALL!
❤️ Sister Ruffner 

Killing it with the Doby pranks :) 
We are fishers of men




No comments:

Post a Comment