Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Goodbye Richmond! Hello... Mountains?

Monday and Tuesday were days full of goodbyes. Oh my do I hate goodbyes. There are a lot of people in Richmond who I love a whole lot. But, I am now excited to say a whole lot of hellos! 

Wednesday was transfer day and Sister Perry and I with another set of Elders were able to do the Q&A panel for the brand new missionaries. The first question that was asked, "What are you looking forward to when you go home?" Um... It really blows my mind how fast my mission is going and I am loving every second of it. There is no where I would rather be than right here in Virginia. 

We go to transfer meeting and my new companion is Sister Sorensen and we are serving in Harrisonburg YSA! This is Sister Sorenson's last transfer of her mission. We are replacing Elders so we both have no idea about anything haha. It is about 2 hours away from Richmond. On the drive what do we see? The mountains! I saw a little bit of mountains when I served in Charlottesville but, now I see them every time I look out the window! That, along with the snow, gives me a glimpse of Utah. ALSO, I am in a ward serving with Sister Franks and Sister Winder. It has been so much fun being able to serve with Sister Franks again! We also live with Sister Jackson and Sister Bleak. So it is just like almost a year ago when I was serving with Sister Jackson in Fredericksburg. 

Since I am serving YSA we get to do a lot of finding on JMU campus which has been a lot of fun. It is pretty weird teaching people my age but, a lot easier to relate. We went on campus this week and had a sign that says, This Christmas, How will you light the world? and Sister Franks and I would stand in the middle of the walkway and pass out cards and try to get people to come over and write on a sticky note a way they are going to light the world. It was terrifying! haha. I am always being given opportunities to go out of my comfort zone to share the gospel. We also get to go to institute which is super awesome. Aw man I love institute! I learned so many cool things I didn't know before. 
Good news though, since it is almost Christmas break and everyone will be going home, our ward is also a family ward. There are not enough YSA to have their own ward. So I will still have somewhere to go for Christmas. 

Since we replaced Elders, we have no notes or anything. They really didn't leave us with much at all. But we did go see an investigator who they were teaching her grandkids and then she started to get interested as well. We found her on facebook and she let us come over! We were able to answer a lot of her questions and after she said that she has been baptized in a lot of other churches, why not this church too? haha we will work on that but, she wants to be baptized! 

I am very excited to serve in this part of the Lord's vineyard for the next 6 weeks and hopefully more! I am constantly grateful for the opportunity I have had to be a missionary for all this time. I am constantly being blessed as I labor among Heavenly Father's children. This is the best time to be a missionary. People's hearts are open and wanting to serve and to give. "We find real joy when we make the Savior the focus of the season." -Thomas S. Monson Remember this Christmas season who's birth we celebrate. It is only through Jesus Christ we are able to feel complete joy. "His life, which is central to all human history, neither began in Bethlehem nor concluded on Calvary. He was the Firstborn of the Father, the Only Begotten Son in the flesh, the Redeemer of the World" -The Living Christ. 

My new address 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
🌲 Sister Ruffner


















No comments:

Post a Comment