Tuesday, December 12, 2017

I"ll Go Where You Want Me To Go

It has been a glorious past 4.5 months serving the Lord in Richmond. I love the people I have been able to meet while serving here and am going to miss them bunches. I am excited to see where Heavenly Father needs me next! 

Facebook continues to be a useful tool in finding people to teach! We have been messaging a guy named Roger. He agreed to meet us at Panera and talk more about our message. We taught him the Restoration and gave him a Book of Mormon and he gratefully accepted it! He is excited to read the Book and meet with us again. 

I am super happy to have started to light the world! On December 1st I was able to go on exchanges in Gayton with Sister Kennard. Our goal to "freely give" was to give away 5 Book of Mormons. Well, we started the day going to get an oil change and tires rotated for the car. That unexpectedly took about 3 hours. Then we went tracting in this neighborhood and we weren't finding much success. Not many people were home. So we tried somewhere else, same results. We got in the car and said a prayer to know where we can go to be able to reach our goal and find those who are searching for truth. We both decided on a street and start tracting. We gave away four Book of Mormons on that street! Including the very last house we tried. It was such an amazing night. Then after dinner we went to an apartment complex and the first door we knocked on didn't answer, so we knocked again, didn't answer so we knocked again and they finally answered. Her name is Connie and she is super interested! She gladly accepted a Book of Mormon and said she is excited to read it, anything to learn more about her Savior Jesus Christ! She just moved here and is still looking for a church. They are going back to see her on Saturday. Super nice lady! 
Sister Kennard and I made a few goals for that day and Heavenly Father helped us to accomplish all of them!

This weekend was stake conference. I love stake conference because we always get to see President and Sister Smith. On Saturday morning, we get a text from Desiree saying that she wants to come to our service that night! She asked us what she should wear and for all the details. It was so good to see her come! She brought a notebook and took a lot of notes. She said it was very different from what she was used to but that she enjoyed it! 
Also Sergey came as well! He is still reading and progressing in the gospel. 

As we were tracting last night before dinner, we met a character. His name was Chief. He got out of jail about a year ago and has been writing music every since. We knocked on his neighbors door and he opened his door so we just scooted over and started talking with him. We asked if he believes in Jesus Christ and he said, "Of course! I'll be right back" when he came back he had one of his CD's to give us. Then he said again, "I'll be right back" and came back out with another CD for us. He took a picture of us holding the Book of Mormon and his CD. He said that he is going to promote our Book. Unexpected things always happen when tracting. You never know who is going to be behind each door. 

Yesterday was the Christmas Devotional which was so good! Even know the tree's are blooming, I am starting to get into the holiday spirit. How grateful I am for the gift that Heavenly Father has given to us. He wants to give us all that He has and it is through His Only Begotten Son that we are able to do that. "Jesus Christ is the living manifestation of divine love." Let us remember and be grateful for the wonderful gift He has given to us by loving and serving others this Christmas. I am extremely grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He came to earth to do for us what we are not able to do for ourselves. It is through Him that we are able to have peace in this life and eternal life in the world to come. He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is also Friend of Friends. It is through Him that I am able to do what I do each day. I would not be on a mission if it weren't for Him. I am grateful to be able to share this message with the people I see every day. There is no greater calling. I love being a missionary. I am grateful to have a Heavenly Father to pray to in every time of need. I know He hears and answers prayers. I have experienced that again this week. "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." Helaman 5:12

HAVE A FABULOUS WEEK LIGHTING THE WORLD!
❤ Sister Ruffner












No comments:

Post a Comment