Monday, February 12, 2018

I Said... No 💍

Well folks, it has to happen to everyone right? It happened to me this week, I got proposed to. 
It started off as this super great miracle. I was on exchanges with Sister Bleak and we were waiting for Philip to show up at the library so we could teach him. The bus drove up to the front and we walked out to greet him but, he didn’t come out of the bus. Someone else did. His name is Rico and as he walked past us, looked at us and at our name tags and asked if we go to a church. Yes! We told him about the church and gave him our card and he said he would call us and let us know if he would be able to come to church. We get a call a little later in the evening from the other sisters (who have our phone) saying that I got asked on a date. What?! How could that happen if I wasn’t even with them? Well, Rico called them three times and asked if Sister Ruffner could go to the movies and if I could hang out with him. Um... he called again that night and asked for me to talk and I told him about the church. 
He called us three times that night, and then in the morning as well. I finally answered and he asked me if we believe in marriage, am I lookin for my significant other on my mission and so on... Don’t worry, I told him my purpose and our lesson with him cancelled. Hopefully you won’t hear of Rico again :) 

We met Jennifer this week who got baptized in California and then 2 days later moved to Virginia. She is super funny! Super glad we were able to meet with her. The missionaries gave her the Book of Mormon and that day she read it. Then she read it backwards and then she read it again. She is getting married soon and wants us to teach her boyfriend! 

Roshat has been super busy lately and so when we were on Facebook we saw that he was active. So we just pushed the video button and were finally able to talk to him! 

This Sunday was absolutely wonderful because we were able to partake of the sacrament! Last week church was cancelled because of the snow. I know... terrible! It really made me realize how much I absolutely love the sacrament. What a special time we have to remember the Savior and repent and set goals for the rest of the week. How grateful I am to know of Jesus Christ “He is the greatest Being to be born on this earth--the perfect example--and all religious things should be done in His name. He is Lord of lords, King of kings, the Creator, the Savior, the God of the whole earth, the Captain of our salvation, the Bright and Morning Star. He is in all things, above all things, through all things, and round about all things; He is Alpha and Omega, the first and the last; His name is above every name and is the only name under heaven by which we can be saved.” -BD 

BLESSINGS
❤️ Sister Ruffner 



No comments:

Post a Comment