Monday, February 26, 2018

My Heart is FULL

Well, here it is, the last email from Sister Ruffner. I seriously never thought I would ever be typing this. 
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here, miracles from this week...

We met with Michael again and found out that his real name is Ivan. But he brought his friend to our lesson and his girlfriend Cindy was there again. We sat down and Ivan was doing something else for a minute so we started to talk to his friend Christian. He said he saw this Book of Mormon sitting on Ivan’s table and picked it up and became really interested. He said he is Christian (Christian the Christian haha) but just hasn’t been able to find a church that has everything the Bible says. We told him about the Book of Mormon and the restoration and he really liked it. He asked if we believe in gay marriage, if we fast, etc. and after we answered a lot of his questions he said, “I must be in a dream! This is the church I’ve been looking for.” Ivan made us some tea... he keeps forgetting that we don’t drink tea. Christian asked what else we don’t drink. We told him tea, coffee, and alcohol. He asked why and we said because the prophet told us not to. He then said, “Well if that’s what the prophet said than I am going to stop drinking those things too. I am going to need to if I’m going to join this church.” What?! This guy is super prepared and has such an open heart! We were able to read a few chapters with them all. It was awesome! 

Another day we drove all the way out to Grottoes (which is like a 30 min. drive) to try some people and go tracting for the day. In the process we met Derek who met the Elders but was never able to meet with them very often because he was really busy. But he said he isn’t busy anymore and that he wanted to come to church and meet with us more! He was super interested! 

We also moved to a new house on Wednesday! Yes, I did say a house. Sister Kirkby and I went from sharing an apartment with 2 other sisters to having our own 3 story house. Yes, I did say three stories. It is an old slave house so it has some creepy things like locks on the outside of these large closets, and a cellar in the basement. The basement is VERY creepy, so we don’t go down there unless we have to... But our ward mission leader Brother Hebdon just gave us tons of Ensigns so we are going to decorate the place :) 

Anyway, it has been an absolutely fantastic week and an even better year and a half here in Virginia. There are no words that can accurately describe the feelings I have for my mission and more importantly my Savior. There is no better feeling than knowing you are being an instrument in the Lords hands. When you feel the Spirit working through you in blessing the lives of others. I am sure Heavenly Father does not need a ton of kids to spread the gospel. But I am extremely grateful for the opportunity He gave me to be a part of this great work. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the work of Jesus Christ. It is a marvelous work and a wonder. I am very grateful that I was able to be a part of miracles every. single. day. I know that Heavenly Father lives and is aware of us and is in the details of our lives. He is the author of the great Plan of Salvation. I know Jesus Christ is the Son of God who suffered more than we can imagine to strengthen us through our trials, forgive us of our sins and mistakes, and help us to become perfect like Him. He truly has given us the opportunity to come back home to Him. I know there is no other name given whereby we can be saved. I know the tomb is empty. Jesus Christ lives! I have witnessed the changes He can make in someone’s heart when they decide to follow Him. I know the strongest testimony of Jesus Christ is found in the Book of Mormon. That Book changes hearts. It has definitely changed mine. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to the boy Joseph Smith. This started the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ back to the earth. The church continues to grow each day. He is gathering His sheep from all the ends of the earth. I know this church is TRUE. It IS the church of Jesus Christ. 
I absolutely love my mission and the things I have learned while here. 
I love the people of Virginia. I would not be who I am without them. 
I love Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. 

FOR THE LAST TIME,
❤️ Sister Ruffner 







No comments:

Post a Comment