Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year!

Wow 2017 is already here! The years just go by so fast... I am so beyond excited for this year. A whole year as a missionary! I have made some goals to help me become who I want to be and who God wants me to be by the end of the year: 

1. TO BECOME A CONSECRATED MISSIONARY. "To give every ounce of energy, every conscious thought, and every drop of passion to this work- to submit my will to God's will whatever it may be."

2. THINGS I AM GOING TO GIVE UP:
- Any disobedience: I am going to be exactly obedient. Not only just be obedient, but to want to. 
- Fear: I am going to talk to everyone I see. Open my mouth at all times and in all places. 
- Pride: I am going to continue to look for ways to be better. Make goals every week and day for things to work on. 
- Being negative: I am going to be positive and always have a language of faith. No rejection will dim my enthusiasm for the work. 

3. TO TRULY GET TO KNOW MY SAVIOR. Study His life every day and strive to be just like Him. 

4. READ THE WHOLE BOOK OF MORMON, AND PREACH MY GOSPEL.

So... transfer calls happened on Saturday and I was just chillin thinking that Sister Stoker and I were safe because, I just got transferred last transfer and got a new companion and President wouldn't do that to me again. Then at 8:00 we get a call from PRESIDENT. Wow he just won't leave me alone! I am staying in Chancellor and training a BRAND NEW MISSIONARY. Sister Stoker is being transferred and finishing someones training. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ cease to amaze me every. single. day. " I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." I have learned a lot about relying on my Savior and the Atonement throughout my life, and I know that I am going to learn even more. As we do hard things, we really learn to rely on the Savior more and more. Heavenly Father is not going to let us be okay with our weaknesses, He will turn them into strengths. " Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." 

What a year it is going to be! I know that Heavenly Father is going to help me and assist me in my goals as I assist Him in His, "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." He already is helping me become what I need to. I have found that every time I pray for help to become better, something happens. I need to stop being so surprised when I am asked to do something that scares me. Obviously Heavenly Father knows me perfectly and knows what I can do and what is best going to help me. 

This week we have met so many new people and have seen so many miracles. God is so good! He loves His missionaries and leads them to people who need our help! This gospel has all the answers to life's hard questions. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are always there for you when you need them. I am so excited to start this new year, to not look back and to continually become better and better. 

Love and miss you!! ❤❤❤❤
Sister Ruffner 


No comments:

Post a Comment