Saturday, April 1, 2017

A Diamond in the Rough

CHRISSY GOT BAPTIZED!!! This was such an amazing experience. She really has changed so much since the first time we met her and the first time she came to church. It was such a special day because Chrissy got baptized, right after we had a relief society dinner, then the women's conference. What a spiritual day. Chrissy glowed after she was baptized. She might have a really rough situation going on around her, but she has decided to change her life and get on the straight and narrow path. We truly found a diamond in the rough. 
Right after she got confirmed on Sunday during sacrament meeting, she told us that she felt all tingly. THE HOLY GHOST IS POWERFUL. It can change hearts and I have witnessed this with Chrissy. What an amazing experience. I thought my joy was full last week, but this week it was even fuller. There really is no greater joy than bringing others into the gospel.

Sister Jackson and I both bore our testimonies this Sunday because right before the baptism we get a call for transfers... 
Sister Jackson and I are both leaving and Chancellor is getting Elders! We freaked out when we found out but it is probably for the best haha. I hope they take good care of all our investigators! Also, I am training AGAIN. I have been out on my mission for 6 months and have not had a month without training. 12 week has turned into 32 week! It is probably good, I must need all the training I can get. I have really grown to love the people here in Chancellor and am really going to miss them! 

Here's to more miracles and adventures in Virginia...

-Sister Ruffner











No comments:

Post a Comment