Thursday, April 13, 2017

Pink Wash

What a crazy week it has been saying goodbye to Sister Jackson and
great friends in Fredericksburg and hello to Sister Buchmiller and the
people of Charlottesville! I call it a pink wash because we are
replacing elders in this ward. White washing really is a new
experience and I am having lots of fun meeting new people with Sister
Buchmiller and doing lots of finding.

Wow wasn't conference the very best thing in the whole world?! I loved
it so much. I have been thinking about change a lot and becoming
completely converted to the Lord. I was completely overjoyed when
multiple talks were based on that very thing. I know the Heavenly
Father hears and answers our prayers. He loves us and cares about our
conversion. Everything that we go through is for our benefit, to
change us into the people that God needs us to be. I have found on my
mission that whenever I start to feel comfortable, things change.
There is no growth in the comfort zone, and there is no comfort in the
growth zone.
Conversion is not a one time event. Faith is a living organism that
you constantly need to feed, exercise and take care of. Repentance is
a journey, it is change. Change takes time. If you feel that you are
constantly struggling, don't get discouraged you won't see the results
until later but if you are trying to change then you are in the
process of repenting. Change is not something that you can do alone
especially in the world that we live in today. Jesus Christ said, "In
the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have
overcome the world." Jesus Christ has overcome the world and he wants
us to overcome the world as well. I know that Christ loves us so much
and he wants us to be of good cheer and to rely on him for anything
and everything. Heavenly Father sent His Son to show us the way. He
truly can turn our weaknesses into strengths. He can change our hearts
and our nature. Something I have learned is that you have to let Him
change you. You have to want to change. I also know that there is no
greater joy than turning your heart over to God. He wants what is best
for you.
Christ's perfect love can cast out all fear. Don't fear but press
forward with faith! Christ is the light of the world. He gives meaning
and purpose to all that we do. In a darkening world the light of
Christ will grow brighter and brighter until the perfect day.

I love you all and hope you have a absolutely fantastic week!
- Sister Ruffner



No comments:

Post a Comment