Monday, October 2, 2017

I Stand All Amazed



We finally have some progressing investigators! Wow it has been a long
time and I am extremely grateful for Regina and Iretha :)
I told you about Regina last week and how we were able to give her a
Book of Mormon and talk about the restoration. Well we went back this
week and she had been reading! She said she was on 1 Nephi 8 and told
us all about what she had read. She didn't have time to talk then but
she said she will keep reading! We went back another time later in the
week to bring her cookies and ended up talking about how she is
praying to know what God wants her to do but, she doesn't feel like
she is getting her answer and doesn't know how to recognize it when it
comes. We talked about faith and how sometimes you feel like you are
walking through the fog and Heavenly Father gives you just enough
light to take a few steps. But how important it is to keep walking.
Don't stop praying and don't stop reading. She said she wouldn't!
Regina is so amazing and I am so excited to teach her more!

Iretha said she has been listening to the Book of Mormon when she gets
off work. She works a TON. Which is the biggest set back from coming
to church and progressing more. But, she has a huge desire to follow
God and I am so excited to be able to teach her more! We are friends
on Facebook so that's cool :)

Zone conference was way fun! I feel like it happened forever ago but,
it was on Tuesday. We talked a lot about Facebook obviously. It really
is the weirdest thing logging into my Facebook and using it each day.
It is going to take me a little while to get used to it for sure.

This week I finished the Book of Mormon. I am so incredibly grateful
for the Book of Mormon and all that we learn and feel as we read it. I
know the Book of Mormon is true. It is one of my best friends.
President Hinckley said, "Without reservation I promise you that if
you will prayerfully read the Book of Mormon, regardless of how many
times you previously have read it, there will come into your hearts...
the Spirit of the Lord. There will come a strengthened resolution to
walk in obedience to his commandments, and there will come a stronger
testimony of the living reality of the Son of God." I know this is
true. I have felt it in my own life as I have studied the Book of
Mormon. How grateful I am for a loving Heavenly Father who wouldn't
leave us alone in these last days but is consistently giving us
guidance and direction through ancient and modern day prophets. I am
super excited for general conference this next weekend to receive the
guidance we need for the next 6 months. Heed their message, do what
they say and I know you will not be led astray.

LOVE YOU ALL

❤️ Sister Ruffner
We taught sunbeams this Sunday and it was the greatest thing.
The little girl with the red hair is named Plum.




No comments:

Post a Comment