Monday, October 2, 2017

Hastening The Work Once Again

This week I was called Elder Ruffner, Everett took us out to eat lamb shank, and a bug flew right up my nose as we were talking to Miss Lisa. We also said lots of goodbyes for Sister Franks. She has served in the Glen Allen ward for 6 months! So that is pretty crazy so everyone wanted to feed us and give us pie. So I got my fare share of food this week. 
My new companion is Sister Perry. Sister Tibbits trained Sister Perry in Tappahannock just like me! So that was cool. I am super excited for this transfer because we really don't have many people we are teaching right now and no one is progressing yet. So we have set some awesome goals and I am expecting to see these be accomplished. I am expecting miracles this transfer and am so excited to be a part of them all!

Well, the first week of the transfer is filled with lots of planning and meetings. We were able to go have companion studies will all the sisters in our zone and help them to set their goals. Goals are something that I have been thinking a lot about and working on. I know that by setting and working on goals and plans that we will be able to reach our potential.

Something we have been focusing a lot on is our purpose. Now that we have these extra tools to do missionary work with, our purpose is the same. We are still to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. My testimony was strengthened this week in the fact that Jesus Christ truly is the only way. We can not save ourselves. It takes more than just faith in the Savior, but action. "Man unquestionably has impressive powers and can bring to pass great things by tireless efforts and indomitable will. But after all our obedience and good works, we cannot be saved from the effect of our sins without the grace extended by the atonement of Jesus Christ." There are too many people in the world who believe that Christ was a great teacher, but not the Savior. That he was just a human like us, that we have to save ourselves, some people are still waiting for the Messiah to come and save them. This gave me a greater desire to share the gospel, to not give up when people say that they already attend another church or have already found Jesus. One example this week, we were at the door of someone who is going through a rough time and said that she had attended so many different churches and decided they were all of man and she didn't want to try any more churches. We started talking to her about the Book of Mormon and the restoration of the gospel. She became very curious and said she would read the book and that we could come back. I know that this is the message that the world needs! How grateful am I to be able to share it with those around me. 

It is official, I am now a Facebook missionary. There have been a lot of changes while I have been on my mission. I am reminded again of how lucky I am to be serving in this dispensation of the fullness of times. I am so grateful to be able to use another one of Heavenly Fathers amazing tools to accelerate the work of salvation. All of these advancements are the Lord hastening His work in the latter days. There are new ways to testify of the Savior, to invite others to come unto Him and to share the message of the restoration of the gospel. It truly is a marvelous work and a wonder and I am so grateful to be apart of it!

HAVE A BLESSED WEEK  :) 

❤Sister Ruffner






No comments:

Post a Comment