Monday, October 2, 2017

My Heart is Full, and So is Bob's Tummy

Wow what an amazing week it was!
Facebook continues to work miracles as we send messages to former investigators and get return appointments from chatting with them about the gospel. I love Facebook and how we are able to send investigators videos, pamphlets, conference talks, and scriptures each day! What an amazing tool the Lord has blessed us with. I think a lot of people get scared to share the gospel. This is a less confrontational way to share it. I invite everyone to scroll through their friends and prayerfully pick one to send a personal message to. Share with them your favorite scripture or conference talk. I know as you do so, you will see miracles!

Tuesday we went on exchanges with the Louisa sisters. I went with Sister Dahle and oh my we had so much fun. There is street that Sister Perry and I went on the other day and I felt the Spirit and KNEW that there was someone prepared on that street. So Sister Dahle and I went there and started to knock on doors. No one was answering, until Akor and her three kids. She moved here about a month ago and is looking for a church. She accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon and a return appointment for the next day. We went back and she was there! We were able to talk to her about Jesus Christ and she really wants her children to grow up learning about Him. We are so excited to keep teaching her! It is the greatest feeling being led by the Spirit. 

Friday we went on exchanges with the Hermanas which was a lot of fun, Hermana Coleman is the greatest and I learned so much from her as we taught. I also was able to eat my very first papusa. Wow it was so good! 

One of the highlights of the week for sure was conference. I am sure you are all wondering who is Bob? Well, let me tell ya. Bob is a homeless man who tries to live in the church. He is only allowed in on Sundays for church but decided to hang around for conference. Sister Perry and I brought lunch to keep in the fridge and eat between sessions, as did some other missionaries. While we were being spiritually fed in the chapel, Bob was being physically fed in the kitchen eating our lunches. So we can officially say that we fed the homeless. What a way to serve. At least he didn't put his pants in the microwave again...

As I watched conference the past two days after each talk I thought, oh my that was the best talk for sure. But it just kept getting better and better.I am extremely grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who inspires our leaders of the church to know the things to say that will individually bless the lives of those watching. How humbling it is to know that the apostles and leaders of the church strive to follow our prophet just as much as we do. I absolutely loved President Nelsons talk on the Book of Mormon as well as many others. Would we choose the Book of Mormon over rubies or diamonds? There are so many truths to be found in the Book of Mormon that we cannot find anywhere else. It truly is the strongest testimony of the divinity of our Savior. 
Another theme I found that was emphasized was the importance of service and how important it is to start in the home. The way to change the world is in the home. We can know that as we forget ourselves and our circumstances and serve others that Heavenly Father will take care of us. When your life seems to busy and overwhelming, just forget about it for a while and go help someone else with their problems. There is joy that comes as we love and serve others. 
There were so many things to learn from this conference, 
Hard is good.
Look past the lens of your own experience. 
We may not be able to control the circumstances we are put in, but we can control the way we react.
The way to not be overwhelmed and distracted with the worldly struggles we face is to keep the Sabbath day holy, and attend the temple regularly.
Lasting joy is found in our Savior.
As we strive to be one with our wards and leaders, we will feel more united with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
Heavenly Father is in the small details of our lives. 
As we look towards Jesus Christ, He will magnify our righteous desires.
Perfection is a process, but is still a worthy goal.
I hope that each of you were able to receive your own revelation for your life as you watched conference. I know that the messages we heard the past two days were customized for you. I felt Heavenly Father speak to me as a watched conference. As we act on the things we learn, we will be a light in this dark world. 

I love this gospel with all of my heart. There is no place I would rather be than right here. I love the people of Virginia. I love the faithful members of this church striving each day to share the gospel with those who need it (everyone needs it). This church really is the church of Jesus Christ established on the earth again to prepare for the second coming of our Savior. I know the closer it gets, the harder it will be. If we come unto Christ and follow Him, we will have no need to fear. I am extremely grateful for Joseph Smith and all he went through to restore this church. He was not a genius, but inspired of God to do the things he did. This church is true. 
I hope you all have a great week and don't forget about the truths you learned, and the feelings you felt this weekend as you go to your regular weekly schedule. 
LOVE YOU ALL, 

❤ Sister Ruffner











No comments:

Post a Comment