Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Open Your Mouth

Good news! This last Saturday was transfer calls and Sister Buchmiller and I did not get a call. Which means we are both staying here in Charlottesville 2nd Ward! I am super excited to stay here and continue to teach the people we have found.

We were finding a lot yesterday after church and we went to go see a former investigator named Terri. She said that the Elders before had answered a lot of her questions and then she got busy with other things. But, she recently picked up her Bible again and started to read. She said that she hasn't been going to church and she is on a journey to get to know God better. She is so willing and wanting to meet with us! She is also Johns neighbor, so he can be a good influence for her. Wow God's plan is so perfect.

We were walking around this apartment complex and a lady with her son Nathan was walking back from the bus stop and we stopped and talked to her. She willingly took a Book of Mormon because she loves the Bible and wants to read anything about Jesus Christ that is going to bring her closer to Him. She loves her Savior and wants us to come back on Tuesday morning!

Linda is from Africa and said that she had seen missionaries walking around in Africa, but didn't talk to them much. She loves Jesus Christ as well and accepted a Book of Mormon. She says if it's about Jesus Christ than she is definitely going to read it. We are going back this week to teach her more!

"You are surrounded by people. You pass them on the street, visit them in their homes, and travel among them. All of them are children of God, your brothers and sisters. God loves them just as He loves you. Many of these people are searching for purpose in life. They are concerned for their families. They need the sense of belonging that comes from the knowledge that they are children of God, members of His eternal family. They want to feel secure in a world of changing values. They want "peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come", but they are "kept from the truth because they know not where to find it"".
There are so many people that we have found just by talking to everyone we see outside. God has commanded us to open our mouths at all times and in all things and in all places and He will fill them. I have come to know that this is true! It does take a lot of faith to share the gospel with others and to open your mouth and share it with everyone that you see. But, you never know who really needs it or who is searching. It is so important that we share this restored gospel with everyone! You may still see disappointments but, you won't be disappointed in yourself because you know you did your best.

I love this gospel with all of my heart and learn new things about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ every day. There is always more to learn and more to share. God knows you and He loves you. I know that He answers prayers because He continually answers mine every time. I also know He is answering others prayers by sending Sister Buchmiller and I to them. The gospel is true and it really does change lives!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK
-Sister Ruffner

ALSO... I just got the best news in the whole entire world!!! Remember
Doug? Well he is getting BAPTIZED!!!!!!
His heart has really been softened in the past couple of months and it
has been great to see! Wow the church is so true! I almost had a heart
attack myself when I heard the news! He told the Elders to let Sister
Ruffner and Sister Jackson know because they are the ones who really
influenced me to do this.
The feeling I felt when I heard that Doug is getting baptized
confirmed to me again why I am on my mission. The Joy that comes from
bringing people to the gospel and able to be sealed to their families
is indescribable. My joy is so incredibly full!
Doug's wife and kids and grandkids are all members and now Doug can
join them in the temple and be sealed to them! This gospel brings so
much happiness!!
To refresh your mind...

1. Sister Kennedy made Sister Buchmiller and I each a pie. She loves us so much! She won't read the Book of Mormon but will make us "homesick pies filled with love".
2. Also our mission did something called "More Fit for the Kingdom" and each companionship competed for our zone and....... Sister Buchmiller and I won for the sisters in our zone!
3. The Rotunda building, wow University of Virginia has such a beautiful campus!
4. The other day I rang this doorbell and it crumpled under my finger...








No comments:

Post a Comment