Monday, November 20, 2017

He Ate All My Funyuns... Without Asking!

You might be wondering, has Sister Ruffner eaten cornbread every meal for the last 3 days? Yes. Yes she has.

Update on Edi, he is not getting baptized this Thursday but do not worry! He should be getting baptized next week. The things keeping him from being baptized are completely out of his control. The hard part about teaching a nine year old, if the parents are busy, so is he. We taught him the 10 commandments on Thursday and we were teaching him what covet means. He then said, "Like Mr. John... he ate all my funyuns... without asking!" Oh my it was the funniest thing! Exactly Edi, don't covet other peoples funyuns, especially when it leads to robbery. 

Turns out Sergey lives right outside of our ward boundaries. On Thursday we were able to do a "pass off" lesson. We went with the elders who are going to be teaching them for now on. It was a really cool lesson, we first walk in and they have all this juice and ice cream for us. They were extremely nice to us. I don't think I have been treated that nice in a while! I love going to teach someone who really wants us there, and who recognizes the importance of the message we have to share! They have watched the movie, Meet the Mormons online, found a Russian translation of the Book of Mormon online and have started reading, came ready with a list of questions, and are super prepared! Olga is now back in Russia, but coming back for the holidays. Don't worry, she found the nearest lds church in Moscow to go to. It was a powerful lesson, we taught the restoration after answering some of their questions and she said, "And the next prophet is Brigham Young." um. Yes. She was very right about that. She has done a lot of research. She said that she is looking for Jesus Christ, and hasn't quite found Him yet. How grateful I am for a loving God that leads His children to where they need to be. She might not know it yet, but she has found Jesus!

If anyone knows me they know I love to make movies! It really is my favorite. Well, this Friday Sister Perry and I made a video. It is pretty much the greatest thing in the whole world. It is on my Facebook page if you want to check it out! I will also send it in my email :)

Saturday was the day that Sister Perry and I passed out four Book of Mormons! We were finding all day and talked to so many cool people. Lately we have been talking to a lot of really grumpy people who wouldn't even give us a chance. So this day we prayed that we would be able to find those who want to learn more about Jesus Christ and build their relationship with Him. We found those people! We didn't quite get any return appointments, but that is four more homes with a Book of Mormon and four more hearts that were touched by the Spirit. 

Speaking of a return appointment, last night we tried some people and it was getting dark so we were going to head to the church and do some finding on facebook. When the thought popped into my head Purcell Rd. I told myself that it was getting dark, we can go there tomorrow. Purcell Rd. Purcell Rd. Purcell Rd. I could not stop thinking about it. I started to feel it in my chest. Go to Purcell Rd. Okay! Okay! I will go to Purcell Rd! When we got there, we just started tracting. Third house we knock on we met Deserae! She goes to a church right now but has met with missionaries before and read the Book of Mormon with them. She said it was easier to understand than the Bible. We gave her a copy and invited her to read the introduction and we are going back on Wednesday night to teach her more! What a huge miracle! Later down Purcell Rd, we met Charles who we are going back to teach on Thursday night! I am so grateful for the Spirit leading me in the right direction even when I doubt. 

This week was one of the best when it comes to studies. I just want to share one verse that stuck out to me. 3 Nephi 9:13 "O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?" When I think of the word may, I think of elementary school when I ask to go get a drink and Miss King says, "I don't know, can you?" and then I say "May I go and get a drink?" Then she lets me. When I think of the word may, I think of asking permission to do something. Christ is not going to do anything against our will. He pleads with us to repent so that He can heal us. He wants to so bad, but He wont until we ask. 
Our mission has been struggling when it comes to finding and we had MLC and talked all about why and what we need to do to help. We talked about it for about 5 hours and the conclusion we came to was how we need to be more converted to our Savior and His doctrine. It because of Jesus Christ that we are here. It is because of Him that I am on my mission, that we are able to live with Heavenly Father again, that we can be forgiven, that we will live again. It is through Jesus Christ that we are able to feel peace in this crazy world. Jesus Christ is the message we share. When I feel stressed, frustrated, lonely, tired, I remember Him. When Jesus Christ is the focus and center of our lives, we will feel joy in every circumstance. 

I love the gospel, it is the way we are going to be able to be perfect like the Savior. It is the way to bring peace and happiness into our lives. 
I LOVE MY SAVIOR WITH ALL MY HEART. 

I love you all too :) 
Have a fabulous week!
❤Sister Ruffner




No comments:

Post a Comment