Monday, November 20, 2017

It is pouring MIRACLES

I feel like every missionary has to go through a drought on their mission. A time when you really figure out what you are doing here, and you learn how to use the gospel in your own life. I know when we go through hard times, we truly come to know the Savior as we rely on Him. Starting this last Wednesday, I have 100 days until I get to go to the temple. Since the Washington DC temple is closing in February for two years, our mission is all going to be able to go. To prepare for temple and become more converted to the Savior, I am studying the principles in and memorizing the Living Christ, studying and applying a Christlike attribute each week, passing out 100 Book of Mormons, and repenting every day. I have done it for almost a week and have already seen a difference. My love for the Savior has grown so much. I invite you all to memorize the Living Christ. It is very powerful having those phrases always running through your mind. You will always be able to have your focus on Jesus Christ. What a better time to become more converted? The holiday season is coming!

Yes every missionary needs a drought but, what comes after a drought?! RAIN! This week it poured. As I studied having faith in Jesus Christ, I saw things happen. 
FIRST, We get a referral from headquarters named Chandru, he ordered a free Book of Mormon! We go to deliver it and he is from India. He just moved here a couple of months ago. He became a Christian about three years ago. His native language is Tamil. So we give him the Book of Mormon in English, because he said he could read it fine. He says he is in preschool when it comes to learning about Jesus, but he wants to learn more! He called us the next day and said that he is having trouble understanding the English Book of Mormon. So we call the mission office and were going to order one in Tamil but, they didn't have to order one because they already had one just laying around! What. are. the. odds?! On Saturday we gave him a tour of the church and he really liked it! He was very excited to get his Book of Mormon in Tamil. How grateful I am to be a tool in the Lord's hands! 
SECOND, We get another referral of a family who ordered a free Bible from mormon.org. We go to deliver it and end up teaching the restoration and giving the husband and wife Book of Mormons. We read the introduction with them and they really liked it. We invited them to the ward Halloween Party on Saturday. THEY CAME! It was so great, we first get to the party and look around to find people we don't recognize and we see their sweet family! 

Funny story, we were teaching Edi the Word of Wisdom this week and we did a little practice. I told Edi I had some alcohol and everyone was drinking it and it is really good and asked if he wanted some. He stood up and said, "Unless you got juice, I'm walkin away!" Then proceeded to walk out of the room. Haha It was super funny! ðŸ˜‚

Transfer calls were this Saturday and Sister Perry and I are both staying here in the Glenn Allen ward! But the Elders who also serve in the ward with us are being taken out. So now there will just be one set of missionaries in the ward. It is going to be different for sure. Our area just got bigger my friends! This is still one of the smallest areas I have served in, but definitely the most dense. 

How grateful I am to be apart of a gospel that doesn't just teach you to know something, but to become something. As we live the gospel of Jesus Christ each day, our lives will change. "God so loved the world that He sent His Only Begotten Son to help us. And His Son, Jesus Christ, gave His life for us. All so that we could have access to godly power-- power sufficient to deal with the burdens, obstacles, and temptations of our day." How grateful I am to have access to godly power. 
I know that Jesus Christ lives. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. He is the Savior. It is only through Him that we can receive eternal life. 
I LOVE YOU ALL!
Have a fabulous week, and a Happy Halloween! 

❤- Sister Ruffner






No comments:

Post a Comment