Monday, November 20, 2017

SO MUCH GRATITUDE

The week started off absolutely fantastic because, since we won the halloclean contest, we were able to go to the mission home and have a steak dinner with some other missionaries who won as well. Let me tell you, it was a blast seeing some past companions. President also saw my scuffed up  black shoes I have been wearing almost everyday for over a year and was very excited to teach me how to shine my shoes. Pretty much, my shoes look brand new :) 

Went on exchanges this week with the famous Sister Bate. She has been through a lot on her mission and is a huge example to me. She is one of the missionaries who taught Everett before he was baptized! We had a lesson with Everett and it was cool because it brought memories back as told us different stories of his conversion. He also told us that the Book of Mormon is the epitome of coolness and I think he is right!
At dinner that night, we recited the Living Christ and it was extremely powerful. It is cool to see how as I memorize the Living Christ, the apostles testimony is turning into my own. I know that Jesus Christ lives. My testimony is being strengthened as I fill my mind with Him. 

Sister Perry and I had another lesson with Desiree. This time we talked about the Plan of Salvation and she loved it! She had read about it in the Book of Mormon and wrote down questions she had about what happens after we die, so we were able to teach the beautiful truths of eternity. We invited her to be baptized and she said she has been thinking about being baptized again. She was baptized as a baby and feels like that doesn't really count because she didn't choose that. So she is praying about being baptized! 

It is official, Edi is finally getting baptized this Wednesday! He is extremely excited. After all this time of him really wanted to be baptized, he is ready to make that promise with Heavenly Father. It is going to be a very special day. 

We also had another really powerful lesson with Ashley. We taught her the Plan of Salvation as well and she found a lot of comfort in that. She has had a lot of trials in her life and deaths and the Plan gave her a lot of hope. We invited her to be baptized on Jan. 6 and she accepted! She wants to do all she can to grow closer to Jesus Christ and bring more peace in her life. She says she doesn't sleep well at night but, every since she started reading the Book of Mormon she has been sleeping all the way through the night. She has prayed to know if the Book of Mormon is true and she said, "I know it is true, I read it next to the Bible and it teaches the same thing. There is no way the Book isn't true." 

The holiday season is officially here. Hope everyone is ready for Thanksgiving! It is a lovely time where we are able to reflect on our lives and all the blessings Heavenly Father has given us. 
At the dinner on Monday there was a message shared about gratitude. In Luke 17 it tells the story of how Jesus Christ healed 10 lepers. Jesus Christ was so quick to heal. He truly had compassion on everyone. When you had leprosy in that time, you would walk around ringing a bell to let others know you are unclean. You were cast out from the others. It was not something that you wanted to have. Well, out of the 10 lepers healed there was one "when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole." 
There is a difference from being healed and being made whole. I know as we turn to the Savior in gratitude, we can be made whole. We can become complete through Jesus Christ as we come unto Him. Jesus Christ did (and does) so much for us that we cannot do for ourselves. There are many things that we can do to show how grateful we are. I invite you to show your gratitude to the Savior by coming unto Him, repenting and using the Atonement in your lives each day. I know that as we show our gratitude to our Savior that we will be made whole. 
This week I have been saying a lot of prayers strictly of gratitude. Which can sometimes be hard because there is a lot I want to ask for. But it has made me a more joyful person. My prayers have become longer, and more sincere. The love I have for my Heavenly Father has grown. There is more peace in my life as I strive to do His will. 
I am very very blessed to have a Heavenly Father and a Savior who love me, who heal me, and who give me strength each day. I am very blessed to have the knowledge I do from the Book of Mormon and the Spirit. I am very blessed to have a family who loves and supports me in all that I do. I am very blessed to be a part of this great work. I hope you all have a very happy thanksgiving!!!

HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
COUNT YOUR MANY BLESSINGS

❤Sister Ruffner







No comments:

Post a Comment