Monday, November 20, 2017

Help! I’ve Fallen and I Can’t Get Up!

So this week so much happened and I wish I could write it all but, I would probably get hand cramps and it would be a mile long. SO highlights of the week...

Hallowclean happened again this year and we won! So tonight I will be having a steak dinner at the mission home and I am VERY excited 😊

Facebook is proving to be SUPER amazing. Don’t be worried but I go and join groups of people who live in Richmond and friend everyone and then whoever friends me back I send them a message and ask how they are doing. WELL, this one guy named Tim started messaging me back. After some conversation (including me sending a pic of myself to prove that I am actually who I say I am and not a 70yr old weird man) I asked him what he believes about Jesus Christ. He said, “He is the light and the life the Son of God.” That sounded extremely familiar to me because I am memorizing the Living Christ so I sent him he Living Christ. The next message he sent was, “Can we meet up and discuss thoughts?” YES!! It was super amazing. We met with him on Saturday at Panera and talked about a lot of things. Turns out he doesn’t live in our area but the one right next to us. He is starting to get sick and needs healing so the elders in his area gave him a blessing and are going to teach Tim today!! 

On exchanges with this beautiful new sister Hanson who just came out last week and I went to go try some former investigators and one lady answered the door and let us right in. We were able to talk with her about the Book of Mormon and she told us “that is so cool, my church doesn’t have anything like that!”

On exchanges with Hermana Anderson, a little later in the week, we were going to try another former investigator. We walk around the corner and see a really old lady on the ground half way laying in her garden. Right when she sees us she yells, “Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!” (Seriously, those are her exact words) we run over and help her up and into her apartment. She has dirt all in her hair and her mouth, she was extremely grateful for us. She had been laying out there for about 10 min. before we found her. Her name is Helen, she said that God led us there at the right place at the right time. We go back to check up on her yesterday and turns out she broke her wrist. She also has a security camera and got the whole thing on film! She has been showing her family and telling everyone that the Mormon missionaries saved her life. 
The same exchange we are standing on someone’s porch and I reach to ring the doorbell when someone opens the door. This lady opened the door to hang up her wreath and we were just on her porch and she screamed a blood curdling scream for a straight 5 seconds. Then deep breaths for another 5 seconds then said, “Whatever you have, I’m not interested.” Then shuts the door. 

Also Edi came to church! It was fast Sunday and he went up to bear his testimony. Then he got shy and came back down. But he should be getting baptized really soon :) 

So many miracles, Book of Mormons passed out, exchanges, new investigators, and missionary work!!! Needless to say, it was a great week.

❤️ Sister Ruffner 






No comments:

Post a Comment